Penn Fields School - Sixth Form & Careers Administration Assistant
7 days left
The Headteacher and Governors wish to appoint, an enthusiastic and dedicated Sixth Form & Careers Administration Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing central services team, have an impact and to be part of the exciting developments the school are making. You will need to be reliable, committed and have experience. You should also be caring, trustworthy and an excellent role model for our students with clear motivation to work in a school that seeks to be the best that it can be, amongst staff, students, parents and governors who are all dedicated to learning and continual improvement.
- Support in the general finance and administration of the school
- To support the Deputy Headteacher and the Sixth Form team with admin tasks that support the effective communication between Penn Fields School and all stake holders, including parents, carers, external education providers and careers organisations.
- To promote the safeguarding and welfare of children within the school.
- Collate post 16 destinations information
- To support with the organisation of work related learning activities for each year group including work experience at Key Stages 4 and 5, including the sourcing of work experience placements, currently consisting of
- KS4 year 10 internal work experience
- KS4 year 11 external work experience
- KS5 year 12 external work experience
- Liaise with parents, the sharing of work experience information and post placement feedback.
- Collate work experience feedback for the DHT to analyse.
- Support the DHT & Sixth Form Team to organising trips and employer visits to support work experience.
- To foster a positive and effective relationship with external educational organisations and employers.
- To contact Sixth Form providers to gain attendance.
- Keep the careers library stocked and tidy.
- Maintain the careers and work experience display board.
- Contact post 16 progression providers for year 11&12 opening evenings.
- To arrange visits for year 11&12 students to visit providers.
- Arrange and secure external AIG for year 10, 11 & 12
- Arrange external independent AIG meetings for year 10,11 & 12
- Researching careers, options and support organisations to meet people's needs.
- Support the DHT and Sixth Form Team with the planning and organising the school careers fair and event.
- To attend parents’ evenings and events as directed by the DHT to support with the smooth running of the event.
- To develop and promote the Penn Fields Alumni with former and current students
- To be the first point of contact for parents, providers and colleges with regards to the progression of post 16 students.
- Update as required all Sixth Form publications, i.e. the Sixth Form Prospectus, Sixth Form Handbook and any supporting presentations
- Prepare and maintain records of Sixth Form students, including their places of study, subjects studied, qualification outcome and destinations
- Support the DHT with the arrangements of Quality Assurance visits, reporting and keeping records / supporting documents of post 16 providers / partners
- Liaise with external post 16 providers on future, current and past students – share students information as necessary. This could include EHCP’s, SaLT reports, Behaviour plans, Care plans
- Support with the organisation of student provider visits / taster days (1:1 or group visits)
- Support with the organisation of parent provider visits (1:1 or group visits)
- Liaise with external agencies, to organise extra-curricular activities and Healthy Bodies/ Healthy Minds workshops. Provide with necessary resources.
- Oversee student applications for Post 16 Travel Passes, NUS cards etc.
- Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school.
- Individuals have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with.
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out with due regard to Health and Safety.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with other teachers and staff.
- Show loyalty to the school and adopt a professional attitude.
- To achieve any performance criteria or targets relating to the post arising from the School’s appraisal arrangements.
- Holding yourself to account for your professional conduct and practice.
- Following all systems & process’ within the school