General Kitchen Assistant
Four Oaks Primary School, Edge Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, B74 4PA
The position is term time only.
Working 12.5 hours per week (term time only) Monday to Friday 11.00am - 13.30pm,
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi award-winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchens across the UK. Healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all our menus, and we are committed to the well-being of pupils.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and can motivate and support team members.
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- preparing and cooking meals for pupils;
- planning and controlling all aspects of the service;
- assist keeping the kitchen clean and tidy;
- costing, stocktaking and keeping appropriate records;
- to maintain a balanced diet and varied menus;
- to be aware of the care users’ needs and dietary preferences.
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools’ kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
- good people skills;
- passion about food and customer service;
- great team player;
- good verbal and written communication skills.
- experience in a similar environment;
- Food Safety Level 2 or working towards;
- high standards and quality driven;
- a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent attendance record
For informal enquires please contact Debora Benton via email at: Debora.Benton@birmingham.gov.uk
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence using the English Language as required by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016
Job Description & Person Specification