Teaching Assistant - Level 2/3 - St George's Junior School
St George's Junior School
Teaching Support Assistant Level 2 or 3 (dependent upon experience/qualification)
25.00 hrs per week, Term Time 43.21 weeks per year (pro rata)
Temporary contract in the first instance until 31st August 2022
Required as soon as possible
The Governors of St George’s Junior School seek to appoint a teaching assistant to work across Year 6, who has experience of supporting learning in the classroom and pupils’ social and emotional needs.
The successful applicant would need some knowledge of the key stage 2 curriculum;
• Knowledge and experience of supporting pupils with social and emotional needs
• Experience of contributing to and implementing IBPs/PCPs for the pupil
• Have knowledge and experience of delivering specific programmes to groups of learners and running interventions e.g. to support curriculum catch-up programmes, social stories, social interaction,
• Some understanding of the KS2 national curriculum and assessment and how this can be modified to meet a learner’s needs
• A willingness to participate in appropriate training
• A willingness to adapt to change.
• Patience, good humour and a genuine affinity with children.
• A team player who is able to demonstrate a willingness to become fully involved in the life and work of the school
• Knowledge of and the ability to comply with safeguarding responsibilities and data protection
Required from February 2022
Please click on the links below for an application form and return completed forms to: email@example.com
Closing date: Midday 21st January 2022