Teaching Assistant - St George's Junior School
St George's Junior School
Teaching Support Assistant Level 2 or 3 (dependent upon experience/qualification)
29.17 hrs per week, Term Time 43.21 weeks per year (pro rata)
Temporary contract, in the first instance until 31st August 2022
Required as soon as possible
The Governors of St George’s Junior School seek to appoint a teaching assistant to work across Year 5, who has experience of supporting learning in the classroom and pupils’ social and emotional needs.
The successful applicant would need some knowledge of the key stage 2 curriculum;
• Knowledge and experience of supporting pupils with social and emotional needs
• Experience of organising visual timetables to establish clear routines
• Experience of contributing to and implementing IBPs/PCPs for the pupil
• Experience of delivering specific programmes to small groups and individual pupils e.g. social stories to support social interaction, sensory support activities
• A knowledge of attachment disorder and experience of pastoral support for pupils
• Some understanding of the demands the national curriculum and assessment and how this can be modified to meet a learner’s needs
• A willingness to participate in appropriate training
• A willingness to adapt to change.
• Patience, good humour and a genuine affinity with children.
• A team player who is able to demonstrate a willingness to become fully involved in the life and work of the school
• Knowledge of and the ability to comply with safeguarding responsibilities and data protection
Required from February 2022
Please click on the links below and email completed application forms to: Sharon firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Midday 21 January 2022