Children & Families Contact Supervisor
31.0 Hours per Week, 5 days a week including Saturday
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you have the passion and drive to support our aspirations for looked after children and young people?
We have an exciting new vacancy for children and families’ practitioner to join our Looked After Children’s Social Work Team as a Contact Supervisor
In this challenging but highly rewarding role, you will be responsible for coordinating and supervising family time between looked after children and their birth families at contact centres and community settings across the borough. You will complete a detailed recording of the observations you made during these sessions and will liaise with social workers, escalating any concern, as required.
You will be joining a child focused, creative and supportive team, with a strong emphasis upon being a good corporate parent. We pride ourselves in making a difference for our children and families and in our last Ofsted inspection, our team was judged as ‘good’.
You will need to have a relevant NVQ 2 / Level 2 Diploma for working with Children and Young People, or equivalent experience in working with children.
You will also have:
- Experience of working with children/ young people or their families in a social care, educational or voluntary setting.
- Knowledge and an understanding of child development and the needs of children
- The ability to write clear and concise observations and reports on work undertaken
- Access to a car for work purposes, to transport children and young people to and from family time frequently.
Working within a committed and supportive team, you will have a manageable workload and the opportunity to make a positive impact in shaping the lives of children and young people.
We also offer:
- A clear career structure
- A competitive pay scheme which will recognise your experience.
- Guaranteed monthly supervision
- A range of flexible working options,
- Annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year
- A generous flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Please note, this role is part time, working 31 hours over 5 days a week. Whilst there is some flexibility over the actual days worked, you will be required to work Saturdays. This also carries a requirement to work until 6.30pm at times in order to meet the needs of the service.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Deborah Adams, Looked After Children’s Team Manager, on 0121 717 1473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held on 11th February 2022.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Children .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification