Learning Support Assistant Level 2 - St Mary Magdalene C of E Primary
Required : As soon as possible
SEN support: fixed term and temporary until 22.7.22 in the first instance, based on external funding.
Salary: Band B. Part time, 26.25 hrs per week.
The Headteacher and Governors of St Mary Magdalene C of E Primary, are seeking to appoint a level 2 Teaching Assistant to work supporting children with EHCPs in Year 3 in the first instance.
We are a one form entry school and can offer you:
• A happy and fully inclusive school.
• A happy workplace with delightful children, who love coming to school and a friendly and dedicated team of staff, who will willingly provide support.
• Excellent resources for teaching and learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A commitment to support the inclusive ethos of our school.
• Confidence, resilience, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• Excellent English skills (Clear written and spoken English) along with good reading and numeracy skills.
• Knowledge and experience of effective behaviour management.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Experience working with children who have Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND).
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Qualifications including, GCSE in English and Maths (A to C) or equivalent.
Additional Information & How to Apply
At the moment visits would have to be after 4pm, when the children have left the site. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on: 0121 588 2371
Application packs are available directly from the school or via email to email@example.com
NB. Previous candidates need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Closing date : 28th January 2022 @ 12 noon
Interviews : week beginning 31st January 2022
Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this role
26.25 hours per week, term time only, fixed term and temporary until 22nd July 2022 in the first instance.
Band B, SCP 2-4 £18,198-£18,933 pro rata (£9.43-£9.81 per hour) (actual £11,222-£11,675 per annum) plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021
St Mary Magdalene C of E Primary School, Stanway Road, West Bromwich, B71 1RP
Friday 28 January 2022 at 12 noon