Class Teacher and Lead in Mathematics
Class Teacher and Lead in Mathematics
MPR/UPR + TLR2B
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
James Watt Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 464 4736
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: March 2022
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with the ability to lead in the teaching of Mathematics in our school. The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner and will have the ability to develop and implement curricular innovation across the school in this core subject. Candidates must be committed to raising levels of attainment in Mathematics at James Watt Primary School and to supporting the whole school focus on teaching and learning.
The main duties are as follows:
• to lead on the teaching of Mathematics for pupils in all Key Stages
• to carry out duties in accordance within the provisions of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of duties set out in that document so far as relevant to the post holder’s title and salary grade. The post is otherwise subject to the Conditions of Service for School Teachers in England and Wales (the ‘Burgundy Book’) and to locally agreed conditions of employment to the extent that they are incorporated in the post holder’s individual contract of employment. Copies of the relevant documents are available for inspection at the school
• to be responsible to the Head Teacher for teaching duties and to take responsibility for teaching tasks
• to be responsible for the supervision of the work of other teachers and teaching assistants relevant to these responsibilities as part of the effective leadership of Mathematics at the school
• to teach pupils according to their educational needs and to ensure that others differentiate well in Mathematics
• to assist colleagues with the use and storage of Mathematics books and other teaching materials provided for class usage and to supervise the work of Teaching Assistants in this specialist subject across the school
• to maintain discipline, in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school;
• to contribute to meetings (including weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings), discussions and management systems necessary to coordinate the work of the school as a whole in this core area
• to promote equal opportunities within the school and to seek to ensure the implementation of the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy
• to oversee the monitoring of standards in Mathematics across the school, and to oversee the process of effective reporting to parents on the progress of pupils in this key subject
• to assess pupils’ achievements and progress in Mathematics, in accordance with arrangements agreed within the school
• to mark class attendance registers
• to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Head Teacher.
We can offer you:
• a “GOOD” school (Ofsted, 2019)
• wonderfully polite and well-behaved children
• experienced leaders and staff at all levels, who are highly ambitious, and who really care about the pupils and their colleagues
• friendly, enthusiastic colleagues
• supportive governors
• quality training and support for staff at all stages of their career
Closing Date: 26 January 2022, 12 midday
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Claire White Administrator, on 0121 464 4736 to make an appointment.
The application form should be completed and returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.