Headteacher - Edge Hill Junior Academy
Job Title: Headteacher
Trust area of accountability: Edge Hill Junior Academy
Additional allowances: N/A
Working Pattern: full-time
Working Hours: School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
Responsible to: The Trust Board, Executive Leaders, and the Local Governing Board(federated)
Start date: September 2022
The Fierté Trust has a community of eight primary schools in Tamworth and Burton-upon-Trent. Edge Hill Academy is a junior school located in Burton upon Trent, with 351 pupils.
We welcome applicants wishing to be part of our team and willing to engage with all stakeholders to move towards an ‘outstanding’ judgement. You will be encouraged by an ambitious, forward-thinking Trust with a determination for excellence and a drive to ensure that Edgehill pupils reach the highest standards of achievement and personal success. If you are at a stage in your career when you feel ready for an exciting challenge, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, strong, and inspirational Headteacher with a proven record of accomplishment who:
- Will commit to the Trust’s vision and values
- Can promote and drive tangible school improvement whilst building on existing strengths
- Has high aspirations for all pupils and staff within the school and across the Trust
- Will commit to working in close partnership with Violet Way Infant Academy and enable a seamless, progressive curriculum to support pupils between both schools
- Can inspire and work collaboratively with all staff, governors, and Executive Leaders to secure the best outcomes for all pupils
- Seeks opportunities to gain support and advice from the wealth of Trust capital
- Can bring new, appropriate, and innovative ways of working to the school and wider organisation with professional generosity and a Trust mind-set.
We offer the new Headteacher:
- Enthused pupils who enjoy coming to school to learn and value the sense of belonging this brings.
- A supportive and skilled Trust Board who are passionate about the school and the wider organisation.
- An established leadership team seeking a leader to inspire and model leadership at its best.
- A staff willing to continue working as a cohesive team under resilient, nurturing leadership.
- A developed and wide-ranging curriculum.
A visit to the school is highly recommended.
The Trust Board would welcome applications for this role as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks and supportive references.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th February 2022 by Noon
Interviews will take place: Monday 14th February 2022 and Tuesday 15th February 2022
To download an application pack please visit: www.fierte.org
Return completed application forms to: email@example.com
The Fierté Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure check will be a requirement of the post.
Duties and Responsibilities
See Job Description / Person Specification