GR 9 £51901.00 - £54934.00
37 Hours PERMANENT
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced professional to join one of the largest Local Government Pension Schemes and play a key role in leading the West Midlands Pension Fund in Accounting and Financial Services.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension Funds providing, from its base in Wolverhampton, local authority pension benefits for employees across the West Midlands. The Fund manages and administers the pension interests of over 330,000 scheme members, over 700 employers and currently has over £19 billion in assets under management.
We are currently seeking a Fund Accountant to lead drive and deliver core investment accounting and reporting providing high quality financial analysis, commentary and disclosures ensuring accurate valuation of the Fund’s investment portfolio tracking valuation movements across the range of asset types. To support the preparation and closure of year end accounts through the effective operational controls that support investment accounting including the reporting of investment income across global currencies ensuring the recovery of tax where appropriate. To manage internal/external audit queries in relation to the production of the accounts as it relates to the Fund’s accounting and recordkeeping for investment assets.
Key Skills Include:
- Extensive experience of market settlement procedures and accounting treatment for different investment types at a senior level within a large organisation
- Significant experience in asset valuation and investment income reconciliation and working with custodians across a complex investment portfolio
- Strong logic and analytical skills when dealing with complex financial information
- Strategic focus, takes a long-term strategic view and utilises appropriate levels of competence
- Committed to providing an excellent investment service and improving performance of the Fund
The successful candidate will hold a relevant accountancy qualification and have extensive experience of market settlement procedures and accounting treatment for different investment types at a senior level within a large organisation.
For more information or an informal discussion regarding this post please email WMPFRecruitment@wolverhampton.gov.uk
Fund Accountant .pdf