Assistant Head of SEND (Maths Specialist) - Langley Secondary School
5 days left
£25714.00 - £41604.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Assistant Head of SEND Department (Maths Specialist)
MPS / UPS £25,714 - £41,604 + TLR 2B (£4781) + SEN allowance to reflect experience and qualifications
Permanent Contract – start date Easter, May Half Term or September 2022
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspiring Maths teacher with a passion for improving the life chances of children with additional needs. The successful candidate will have experience of teaching children with SEND and a desire to learn more about, and become involved in, organising support for children with EHC plans.
This new and exciting role has been created to further strengthen our SEND provision which is an integral part of our whole school community. At Langley we are committed to inclusion and we are looking for the right person to build upon our inclusive, aspirational, positive, nurturing ethos.
At Langley, we prioritise positive relationships between staff and students. Langley is an exciting place to learn and work. We are incredibly proud of the way our staff and young people work collaboratively to fulfil our school motto ‘to be the best we can be’.
Langley is a wonderful school to work at and learn in and, as our recent Ofsted report suggests: 'Pupils are thoroughly prepared for life in modern Britain' at our school, where the holistic approach to child centred learning is valued as highly as the outcomes they eventually achieve at the end of their time with us.
Our school’s fundamental principles focus on supporting, challenging and inspiring the whole Langley community ‘to be the best that we can be’. But these are not simply words on paper. Students, staff and governors genuinely give all they can, to bring those principles to life every day. Examinations are critically important, of course, and our students achieve superbly well in them, but we truly believe in developing young people to deal with the tests of their lifetime, not merely to endure a lifetime of tests. Everyone who visits us comments on the special ethos of our school – ‘the Langley way’.
What Matters to Us at Langley School
How we work together:
- We share a clear sense of purpose, with students at the centre of all that we do and strive for
- We are committed to investing in positive relationships to enhance all that we do, respecting and valuing differences
- We make decisions with transparency and fairness, finding a route through the difficult rather than the easy
- We take a solutions-focussed approach, concentrating on what we can do
- We have a willingness to collaborate openly and honestly with each other and as part of wider networks, adopting and adapting good practice to fit the Langley context
- We are a compassionate community with a shared set of values and a love for our very special school
Our approach with our young people:
- We encourage everyone to embody our school motto; ‘to be the best we can be’ in all that we do
- We see everyone’s potential as limitless
- We share the fundamental belief that a child’s past does not determine their future. Our mistakes do not define us
- We see learning as an exciting gateway to opportunity
- We value every individual for their skills, talent and identity, ensuring everyone in our community is enabled to thrive
- We never give up and we are committed to finding the right path for everyone
- We want our students to leave us as successful, good people, with a healthy sense of well-being and self-confidence and to be proud of themselves and our school
If you are interested in the post and would like to find out more about our school before applying, please email Helen Close, Assistant Headteacher i/c SEND, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find attached a person specification, job description, a letter from our Headteacher and our staff well-being charter, in addition to the application form and recruitment monitoring form. We look forward to receiving your application. Please email to Headteacher's PA, Becky Friend, at email@example.com
Please note that a Microsoft Teams online or virtual recruitment process may be followed in part if necessary and in this case three references would be required prior to interview.
Closing date: Monday 31st January 2022 8am
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 9th February 2022
Langley School staff, governors and students are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students and staff. Please note that Disclosure & Barring Service clearance at the appropriate level will be required for this post.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.