Teaching Assistant (Early Years) - Willenhall Community Primary School
3 days left
The Affinity Federation comprises of Willenhall Community Primary School and Whitmore Park Primary School.
The Affinity Federation believes that every child should attend a school that values both personal and academic growth and places great emphasis upon children becoming valued members of the diverse community to which they belong.
Willenhall Community Primary School is a two-form entry school with a nursery, located on the south edge of Coventry. The school is set within an economically disadvantaged community but a community with a strong spirit.
Willenhall Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Early Years Teaching Assistant who has high aspirations for all pupils in their care.
Candidates should have:
• a good understanding of the Early Years curriculum
• relevant qualifications necessary to work in an Early Years environment
• experience and knowledge of safeguarding
• the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups of children, teachers, parents and other members of staff
• a sympathetic approach to parents and an understanding of the need for confidentiality
• the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers and other members of staff
• the ability to accept guidance and direction from teachers
• the ability to use own initiative
• the ability to adapt to differing environments within the EYFS and to the needs of different children
• a commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
• previous experience of working in an Early Years’ setting and knowledge and experience of SEN would be advantageous but not essential.
• a commitment to personal professional development.
We can offer:
Enthusiastic, welcoming and hardworking children.
Effective and supportive collaboration working across the two schools in our federation.
Supportive colleagues and a friendly, hard-working environment.
A school that is committed to the well-being, work life balance of all staff
A team that cares and puts the children at the centre of all that they do.
The opportunity to be part of an aspirational school and make a difference for our children.
A supportive governing body committed to excellence.
Commitment to an exciting and effective programme of professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is needed for this post. Two references will be taken up for all short listed candidates prior to interview.
In your application form please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Teaching Assistant. If you are interested, a visit to the school is highly recommended.
START DATE: as soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: Midday 25th January 2022
INTERVIEW Date: 28th January 2022
Tel: 02476 302004
Head teacher: Lorraine Knowles