My Options: Young People's Service - Casual Support Worker
My Options - Young People's Service
Casual Support Worker
£9.62 per hour
Various hours per week
“Be aspirational and think beyond the obvious to enable people to reach their full potential”
Are you passionate about breaking down barriers to support people to live a more independent and fulfilling life?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established and highly successful team, supporting young people with learning and physical disabilities, which will include behaviours that challenge, to access a range of regular and adhoc leisure activities. As a Support Worker you will be led and supported by an experienced Activity Leader, who is committed to providing an excellent service for the young people who rely on our services, and their families and carers.
You will be able to demonstrate being proactive in your approach to care and a willingness to adapt and change as we develop with new innovations and challenges within the care sector.
What you will receive from us
- Working in a COVID safe environment
- Flexible Hours – To suit your needs, there are opportunities for full or part time employment
- Generous rates of pay
- Expert training, that you will be paid to do and opportunities to develop your skills. You will also receive a certificate for the training you complete.
- A full induction, excellent support and ongoing supervision
- The opportunity to progress within our team
- Free DBS
- Refer A Friend Scheme - £150 for every friend you successfully refer to us
- The opportunity to join a team that is fully committed to support people to live a more independent and fulfilling life.
- Automatic membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, one of the largest public sector pension schemes in the UK
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services, these include discounts on national attractions such a theme parks and discounted travel.
- A truly rewarding career
My Options - Activity Wellbeing and Care Services is part of Telford & Wrekin Council and provides a wide range of person-centred support to over 350 people to vulnerable people of all ages and abilities.
We currently provide a wide range of services including; Young People’s Services, Community Activity and Wellbeing services, Residential services, Community Support for those people living in their own or shared accommodation and a very successful Shared Lives Scheme.
The team you will be joining is responsible for supporting our customers across a range of programmes to increase their independence as well as delivering our Community Outreach programme and supporting our customers with higher level needs at Southwood Activity & Wellbeing Hub.
If you want to join us at this exciting time then please complete the attached online application form as CVs will not be accepted. We are committed to equality and diversity.
To find out more about the My Options services please take a look at our website: www.myoptionstelford.co.uk
To find out more, please contact Kerry Brogden, Service Leader – Young People’s Services or Catherine Harryman, Resource Co-ordinator & Activity Leader on 01952 381317 or email them at YPS@telford.gov.uk For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.