Achievement Assistant - Gospel Oak School
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Achievement Assistant for those interested in working with and supporting students with significant barriers to learning.
As a mainstream school we aim to offer a fully inclusive experience for all our students, including those with SEN. Our SEN team is committed to developing our young people to achieve the best they possibly can, overcoming challenges, developing new skills and becoming outstanding citizens.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree in a relevant discipline
- Be committed to the development of their own practice
- Support teaching staff with the full range of curriculum activities, using appropriate technologies
- Assist students who require additional support for learning
- Assist students who require nurture and/or behaviour recovery intervention
- Deliver interventions to students and track the performance of students
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff to maximise deployment within the classroom
- Apply the school behaviour policy and utilise techniques for managing classroom behaviour in collaboration with teaching and pastoral staff
- Possess a good working knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to build positive and effective relationships with students and staff
- Demonstrate optimism about young people and their ability to achieve
- Be committed to providing the best opportunities and an inclusive environment for all groups of pupils
- Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
- Be caring and committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils, families and the community
You will be joining a group of 10 successful schools serving approximately 4000 children from nursery through to 19 years of age as part of the Central Regions Schools Trust, founded by the RSA. Gospel Oak School in Tipton (West Midlands) is an oversubscribed and expanding 11-19 school with 1275 students (including Sixth Form). The school is highly aspirational, boasting fantastic facilities for both students and staff.
For further information about the role please contact the HR department on either GOSHR@gospeloakschool.co.uk or by calling 0121 556 1351. An application pack can be found on the School website www.gospeloakschool.co.uk under vacancies.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 24th January 2022.
Central Region Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment checks.
Gospel Oak School, Bilston Road, Tipton DY4 0BZ
37 hours per week, Term time only including 5 training days
NJC point 6 £19,698 – NJC point 12 £22,183 (Pro rata salary £16,846.97 - £18,972.30)
Gospel Oak School, Bilston Road, Tipton, DY4 0BZ
9am on Monday 24th January 2022