Pastoral Administrative Assistant - Sir Graham Balfour School
3 days left
Pastoral Administrative Assistant
Full Time, Permanent, Term Time Only Contract
37.00 hours per week
SGB Grade 4 (scale point 5 - 6: £19,312 – £19,698)
Required from February 2022
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic administrator to work in our busy Pastoral Office. The successful candidate will have a ‘can-do’ attitude, be able to work on their own initiative and to multi-task. There is constant ‘coming and going’ in the Pastoral Office, which is shared with our Five Year Heads, and so you will be able to block out likely interruptions throughout the day. This is a hands-on post, and you will be a first port of call for both students and staff – we can guarantee you will never be bored. If you think you have what it takes to join our wonderful school, we cannot wait to meet you!
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls fluctuate.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 11.00 am on Tuesday 25th January 2022. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Wednesday 26th January and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place on Friday 28th January; will include a tour around the school, discussion with Pastoral Staff and interviews for the short-listed candidates.