Cover Coordinator and Supervisor - Q3 Academy Great Barr
Q3 is a highly successful, oversubscribed Academy located in Great Barr, committed to raising achievement and curriculum innovation. Our GCSE and A Level headline results continue to be among the best in Sandwell, and this success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of teaching and learning.
We are seeking a confident, resilient and hardworking colleague to manage and provide effective classroom cover for absent teaching staff. This post is ideal for those committed to making a difference to the lives of young people by supporting and upholding high standards across the whole Academy by working as part of a team.
The Academy is looking for someone who has:
- Resilience and is able to adapt to different groups of students and different subject areas;
- The ability to work with deadlines, leading an effective team;
- Experience working with and tracking budgets;
- Excellent inter-personal skills to work with colleagues within and outside of the Academy;
- A high level of literacy and numeracy;
- High expectations for students and is able to maintain discipline firmly and with good humour;
- The confidence to make a difference in the classroom and enjoy working with young people.
- Previous experience using SIMS is ideal, but not necessary.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating daily cover, including managing other cover supervisors;
- Working with the Vice Principal to address longer term cover;
- Liaising with and maintaining excellent relationships with external agencies;
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records for cover;
- Supervision of whole classes during staff absence;
- Managing behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment for learning;
- Participating in a rota of supervisory duties during recreational time.
Q3 Academy offers excellent CPD and career opportunities for staff at every stage of their career. This role offers a great first step for those considering a career in education and looking to gain school experience.
For a full list of duties please refer to our Job Description.
Details of this post are also available by visiting our website at www.q3academy.org.uk
To apply for the role, please complete and return our application form to: email@example.com by the closing date.
CVs alone are not accepted unless you have a disability which makes it difficult for you to complete an application form.
Please note that you may be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, identification and qualification checks, which will be required prior to commencing duties to establish the suitability of the candidate.
32.50 hours per week term time only, Permanent
Scale 4 scp 7-11 £20,092 to £21,748 per year (actual salary £15,205 to £16,458 per year)
Q3 Academy, Wilderness Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 7SD.
There may be a requirement to work at other locations in the Trust
Wednesday 26th January 2022 at 12.00 noon