Hours per week: Various, term time only
Contract Type: Casual
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: January 2022
We have a number of exciting key vacancies for Academic Tutors in our inspirational and inclusive school. We are seeking passionate subject specialists to provide small group KS3 tutoring support in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Our school is one of the top state schools in England.
Tutoring slots are available from 8.00 – 9.00 am and 3.15 to 4.15 pm Monday to Friday. These posts are available on a casual contract basis.
Do you have:
• exceptional skills in Maths, Biology, Chemistry or Physics
• outstanding communication and team working skills
• personal commitment to continuous self-development
• previous experience of working with children and young people
• qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
• proactive, self-motivated and intuitive
• flexible in your approach to work
• wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative
• able to converse at ease with staff, students, parents and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English
If so, we would encourage you to apply for these exciting opportunities.
If you wish to have an informal chat about this new role please contact Dave Goodwin, Deputy Headteacher on (0121) 250 5406.
Closing Date: Monday 17 January 2022, 10am
Interview Date: Thursday 20 January 2022
To arrange an application please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via email@example.com or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification.
Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.