Teaching Assistant with After School Club Care - Tittensor First School
Teaching Assistant with After School Club Care
Start Date: ASAP
Teaching Assistant Grade 4
22 hours a week (spread over 5 days) –
The hours are
Monday to Friday 1.00-5.30
Salary £19, 312 pro rata to 22 hrs and term time only £10.01 an hour.
Tittensor First School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Teaching Assistant to support the classroom teacher and provide After School Club care. You will be responsible for the development and education of children, including those with special physical, emotional and educational needs.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
Knowledge & Experience
- Recent experience of working effectively in a School setting
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant field
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and responding with appropriate language to build rapport with children and carers from a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Previous experience of supporting learning within the curriculum in small groups / whole class.
- Provide Extra Curricular activities in a relaxed and fun environment.
Abilities & Aptitudes
- Aptitude to develop knowledge of the role within an education environment and willingness to undertake further training as necessary
- Be flexible, adaptable, resilient
- Have a positive, friendly and upbeat attitude at all times even when presented with challenges
- Be aspirational about themselves and for all the children in their care and be invested in their role
- Ability to work on own initiative, including recognition of the appropriate level at which to refer issues elsewhere for effective resolution
- Willingness to undergo training as required
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. CV’s are not acceptable.
Tel: 01782 372539, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Tuesday 1st February 2022
Interviews: Thursday 3rd February 2022