Nursery & Kid's Club Practitioner
Hours per week: 41.25 per week. Hours between 8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
Holy Cross Pre-School Nursery
Telephone Number: 0121 675 1191
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
The Directors of this popular setting are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated qualified Early Years Practitioner (Minimum level 3) to join our Holy Cross Pre School nursery and Kids’ Club team. The position will also include Wrap around care play worker hours. Holy Cross pre-school advocates outdoor learning and spends every available opportunity exploring the great outdoors. Therefore, we are looking for a proactive individual with a passion for the outdoors, who will positively contribute to the provision of a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which
young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a proactive member of the staff team who:
• will positively contribute to the provision of a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential both in the nursery and wraparound provision
• be qualified to a minimum of a recognised Level 3 (or demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience)
• a great passion for the outdoors/nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
• work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative
• have a good knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage
• be an effective communicator, with good organisational skills
• will have a kind, calm and nurturing approach
• will promote good behaviour, independence and move learning forward
• will become fully involved in the wider life of the setting
We can offer you:
• well motivated happy children who love to come to nursery and Kids’ Club and are excited about learning
• a committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your career
• the opportunity of being part of a dynamic, professional friendly team
• strong links with the Primary school, supportive parents and Directors and support from St John Paul II Multi Academy
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to
speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022, 10.00am
Application Packs are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept CVs.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.