Co-Opted Governor, Highfields Primary
Highfields Primary School’s governing body has a vacancy for a Co-Opted Governor. Co-opted governors make an important contribution to their local community and the lives and education of local children. The role can be demanding but by offering your skills, experience and time is very rewarding. Co-Opted governors serve a 4 year term of office and under usual circumstances, can expect to spend between 10 and 20 days a year on governing duties. These include:
- attending meetings of the governing board, usually outside of school hours and contributing to governing board business;
- reading reports and papers and keeping up to date on the progress the school is making;
- visiting the school from time to time during the school day;
- offering supportive challenge to help raise standards and monitor resources effectively.
Highfields Primary School’s governors come from a range of different backgrounds with a wide range of skills and experiences but all share the same goal; to provide the best possible education for the children at Highfields Primary School. No special qualifications are necessary but we are looking for individuals that can offer knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- Human Resources
- Health & Safety
- Premise Management
You will be expected to follow a governors’ Code of Conduct, and to have:
- a strong commitment to the role and improving outcomes for children;
- the inquisitiveness to question and analyse;
- the willingness to learn;
- good inter-personal skills;
- appropriate levels of literacy in English
- sufficient numeracy skills to understand basic data.
Sandwell council and Highfields Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils, we expect all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and must be applied for within 21 days of appointment.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Training is available for all governors and the governing body has an expectation that those new to being a governor attend induction training.
For further information on how to apply for this position, please contact Rachel Andrews via email email@example.com or call the school on 0121 559 1037.
The closing date for applications is 9am Friday 11th February 2022.