Leisure Development Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Leisure Development Officer with an enthusiastic and motivated attitude to assist in developing the local landscape of sport within Nuneaton and Bedworth. Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council are in the process of delivering its long term facility strategy, supporting growth in the Borough. Future new facilities are being developed with partners including Sport England and this post will be key to supporting and establishing some front line delivery with our residents and sports clubs/organisations.
As a Leisure Development Officer your role will be to:
• Deliver the teams Active Grants programme.
• Promotion and marketing of the team via websites and social media.
• Coordinate our local 5K fun run and assist with other team events.
• Form close partnerships supporting the development of sporting hubs and self-management sites.
• Support and facilitate the delivery of community projects to achieve strategic objectives e.g. cycling uptake.
• Assist local sports clubs to develop, supporting them with funding advice and other areas to facilitate community participation and sustainability.
• Recruit and supervise volunteers to assist with delivery of projects as well as supporting team events.
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas;
- Funding application and bid writing
- Marketing and promotion through social media
- Working with community groups and organisations
- Planning and management of Projects
- Building and sustaining partnerships
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Interviews - Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th March 2022