3 days left
Salary: £29,577 - £33,782 per annum
We are committed to improving outcomes of the children and young people cared for by Herefordshire Council.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of our Placements Team, which delivers the critical function to find places for care experienced children and young people to live with the support that they need. The team also manages the contracts and relationships with the providers of such placements and other services to ensure they are of good quality and represent good value for money.
As the Placements Manager, you will work closely with staff throughout the children’s safeguarding & family support service and with external providers to help ensure that children and young people are appropriately placed in a planned way or in an emergency. This can be a demanding role that requires tenacity, flexibility and creativeness, and can involve working outside of normal office hours to ensure that there is sufficient service cover.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and confident individual to lead our fast paced team. You must be able to prioritise work, meet deadlines under pressure and deliver on your commitments. You will work well with other people, have excellent attention to detail, be able to solve problems and disputes.
The work involves issues of a sensitive and confidential nature and applicants will need to display a clear understanding of the need for complete confidentiality at both application and interview stage.
If you feel you would like to be part of this dynamic team, and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people in care, then we would like to hear from you.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org