Safeguarding and Review Manager (IRO and Conference Chair)
Safeguarding & Review Manager (IRO and CP Conference Chair)
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: £43,857 - £48,117 + £5000 Market Forces Supplement
Closing Date: 27/01/2022
A relocation payment of up to £5,000
Passionate about giving children and young people a great start in life?
Our priority in Herefordshire is to keep children safe and give them a great start in life. It’s the priority for the council, our partners and for all of us who work in Children’s Wellbeing.
How do we do this? By having dynamic, dedicated, passionate and professional staff who work in a culture that focuses on what we can achieve with children, what they can achieve themselves, and the relationship we build with families and partners to enable this. We have invested heavily in training and developing staff in our single practice approach which is Signs of Safety and it's is an exciting time to join Herefordshire – we believe in investing in you so you can be the best you can be!
Herefordshire has a really strong team ethos. Our teams are passionate about the work they do and the positive difference they and the teams they are in make to people’s lives. This is all underpinned by the focus and support from their managers and the council as a whole.
Come to Herefordshire and join the journey.
Herefordshire Council are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Safeguarding and Review Manager. The role combines the responsibilities of an Independent Reviewing Officer and a Child Protection Conference Chair. You will Chair statutory meetings to review plans for children, providing scrutiny and challenge in order to prevent drift and delay and maximise positive outcomes for children in Herefordshire.
You will have significant experience and knowledge of statutory children’s social work practice and be registered with the HCPC. The successful applicant will join a committed and supportive team with dedicated managerial oversight, support and a manageable caseload within statutory guidelines.
To find out more about working in children’s services, please visit www.herefordshire.gov.uk/childrensocialwork or contact email@example.com / 01432 260 665.
This role is subject to a DBS check (delete as applicable).
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org