Teacher of Spanish
3 days left
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Telephone Number: 0121 566 6555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2022
Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for young people? Do you want to work in a forward-thinking and aspirational academy that places learning at the heart of everything it does, where your professional development is important to us and your innovation valued? If so we want to hear from you.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Spanish Teacher to join our high performing, collaborative Languages department, and teach Spanish at key stages 3 and 4. The ability to offer a second modern foreign language to GCSE level is desirable but not essential, as we are considering increasing the languages currently on offer. This position requires a qualified and dedicated Spanish teacher with passion and drive, who believes that every student can achieve their full potential.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an inspiring teacher with real passion and enthusiasm for languages with excellent subject knowledge of Spanish
• be committed to delivering an excellent standard of teaching for all students every lesson
• set themselves and their students high standards and have high expectations
• Be a good communicator and a strong team player and have a growth mindset
• have a willingness to contribute to the department and whole school projects, including the extra-curricular life of the Academy
• have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to the modern foreign language curriculum
• are a Rights Respecting Gold award school with a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• are committed to continuous improvement and creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• offer a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential
• are well resourced and ICT rich
• are part of the WHA Multi Academy Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities, on-site parking and a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
‘Outstanding, resilient and loving’ is how one of our students described our school during our last Ofsted inspection, so we know you would love it here – our friendly, supportive staff always go the extra mile for their students. We are an Ofsted rated Good school, come, and join us on our journey to Outstanding.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Majid Afzal on 0121 566 6555 to arrange a school visit.
This post is suitable for a teacher currently working towards achieving QTS or an experienced teacher. This post is advertised as full time; however, part time hours will be considered.
Closing Date: 27 January 2022, 9am
Applications can be made via the Mynewterm website
(NB CVs will not be accepted)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.