General Operative (Sports Team)
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, a great wealth of history and a fantastic environment, making it somewhere to be proud of.
Everyone associated with Worcester City Council is proud of Worcester’s offer of a high quality of life, varied heritage, award winning parks and our contribution to the development of modern local government.
It is a fantastic place to work and you will find us to be an organisation that is challenging yet caring; with our leadership adventurous in its pursuit of excellence.
At Worcester City Council, we have a work-family culture and we are proud to support and value the combination of employees’ work and family lives.
We have a clear vision to achieve excellence in everything we do and to achieve excellence in everyone we employee, meaning we are looking for an excellent candidate to come and join our work family!
If you enjoy working outdoors, are conscientious, a problem solver with a good eye for detail and have a positive forward-thinking attitude, we would be interested to hear from you.
Worcester City Council is looking for sports and fine turf groundsman, the candidate must have excellent knowledge proven track record of sports and fine turf grounds maintenance, be able to work without supervision, be a strong team player and have a practical disposition. You should be physically able to carry out operational maintenance within our green spaces.
You will work with our Lead Groundsman to maintain our sports pitches and green spaces. You will be implementing the Sports and Fine turf Management Plan to support and maintain our sports pitches and green open spaces.
A percentage of the operational duties will entail both Groundsman and general maintenance works in all areas of Worcester City. During the summer season, you will be carrying out renovations on our sports pitches. As well as mowing our parks and green spaces to a high standard. Line marking pitches.
Key duties include:
- Grounds Care – Mowing, Line Marking, Verti-draining, fertilizing, top dressing and overseeding, boom spraying and other chemical control, maintaining infrastructure.
- Cleaning and maintaining the sports depot
- Working in a team or the ability to carry out lone working, carrying out tasks set out by your lead groundsman.
- Dealing with day to day sports enquiries for the public in a courteous manner
- Following the Council's health and safety policies and procedure
- Ability to demonstrate a practical knowledge of sports fine turf practices.
- A basic understanding of Health & Safety legislation e.g. Risk Assessments, COSHH, safe operating procedures.
- You should be a good communicator, computer literate and demonstrate effective customer service skills with our residents and visitors.
- Full clean driver's licence.
- Experience of using tractors ride on mowers and other large plant
- Groundsman qualification NVQ or above
- Pa1 Pa6 pesticide Qualification – boom spraying and spot spraying.
If you have any queries please contact Mark Worrall – Email email@example.com
Interview and practical test date to be confirmed.