An opportunity has arisen for ambitious qualified accountants to support a progressive Council in meeting a range of challenges.
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for providing comprehensive accountancy support and financial management advice to stakeholders within the Council. Your main responsibilities will include:-
- supporting Heads of Service and other Budget Managers in the review of the revenue and capital budgets
- Maintenance of accounting arrangements in respect of one or more Service Groups
- awareness of funding sources with a view to maximising the resources available to the Council
- development and maintenance of relevant financial management systems and associated records
- facilitate the financial framework and monitoring of capital projects and have an understanding of external funding mechanisms.
There are 4 roles available; to be suitable for the role you will have experience of working on your own initiative with limited supervision or direction and demonstrate the ability to analyse and interpret information from a number of sources and present the outcome in an appropriate format to meet reporting deadlines. As a qualified accountant you will have extensive knowledge of financial IT systems and have excellent presentation and communication skills both written and oral. You will be able to establish and continue good working relationships and work effectively as part of a team and work effectively under pressure when required.
For an informal discussion and to find out more about the roles please contact:
Helen McGourlay: email@example.com; or
Michelle Howell: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
James Barlow: email@example.com
Closing date 6th February 2022
JD Finance Manager March18.doc