Term Time Clerk To School Governors
Entrust specialises in providing education support services to schools to help create better outcomes for children and young people and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clerk to join our dynamic team.
The position is well suited to an individual looking for a flexible role (not 9 to 5), who wants to learn new skills and gain a new qualification, and who wants to be part of a thriving and supportive workplace.
Working in our Governor Services team, you will support school governing boards with administrative and organisational support including taking minutes of governor meetings, helping to draft agendas, advising the board on legal and procedural issues, and keeping records of membership, training, and attendance.
We’re always keen to welcome new entrants to the profession so previous experience is advantageous but not essential. As part of the role, you will be provided with the training you need and will complete your Level 3 Certificate in Clerking (NCFE accredited).
We’d love to hear from applicants in all areas of England, but particularly those who are able to travel to schools in either Staffordshire, the West Midlands, Cheshire, or the North West.
Term Time Clerk To School Governors
What you’ll be doing:
As an Entrust Clerk will:
- Supporting and attending full governing board meetings and committees
- Attending briefing sessions for updates and development
For each Governing board meeting you will be required to
- Working effectively with the chair and headteacher before the governing board meeting to prepare an agenda taking account of the Entrust recommended agenda
- Submitting personalised calling letter, agenda, final minutes from last term together with agreed papers for distribution from the school within agreed time scales
- Advising the governing board on governance legislation and procedural matters
- Preparing minutes of governing board meetings, indicating who is responsible for any agreed action to be submitted within agreed timescale
- Recording decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for action
Entrust Governor Services is a national provider of clerks for school governing boards and academy trusts, with a rapidly expanding client base and an excellent reputation for service quality. To meet the growing demand for our services we are recruiting additional staff. We have a number of vacancies for clerks in Staffordshire and the West Midlands, Midlands and North West.
We are looking for both experienced clerks and new entrants to the profession, who feel they have the required skills and attributes. Full training will be provided for those who require it.
What we’re looking for:
- Be mobile as travelling to Schools will be required
- Good literacy skills
- IT skills
- Background in Education field but not essential
- Knowledge of Governance business in education field but not essential
- Administration skills
What’s in it for you?
- Full Accredited training and support provide where needed
- A competitive salary £12.50 per hour
- Part Time - Term Time
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Stafford - The Riverway Centre