OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – FIRST CONTACT & PRISONS COVER
Salary: £32234.00- £36922 per annum (per annum)
37 Hours per week – FIXED TERM UNTL MARCH 2023
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join the Adult Social Care First Contact Team at Staffordshire County Council.
About the role
You will be responsible for engaging with the people of Staffordshire, carrying out strengths based, outcome focused Occupational Therapy assessments remotely which are triaged from our First Contact Team.
The service seeks to offer support to people ranging from those that need minimal support for a time limited period to rebuild confidence, learn new skills and relearn skills and people at the end of their life requiring skilled health & social care interventions.
You will be:
- working closing with OT colleagues in the Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust regarding clinical decision making.
- making a judgement relating to a persons assessed eligible needs for Occupational Therapy support whilst promoting their independence to provide information and advice as well as signposting to services such as Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) and/or equipment providers who may be able to support someone whilst they are waiting for an assessment as well as ordering low level equipment.
It will enable you to maintain your clinical assessment skills by providing cover to the Staffordshire County Council Prisons Team.
You would support adults in Prison in partnership with the Prison Healthcare Team, to support adults who require occupational therapy input. You will collaborate with individuals to enable them to articulate their needs and outcomes for assessments. You will develop positive working relationships with partners, including the in-reach Health Teams and Prison Team Social Care practitioners. Training and support would be provided from the Staffordshire Prisons Occupational Therapist.
Enhanced DBS and Home Office Checks will be required.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their delivery of care to people who are in their own homes, residential homes, and the Prison environment.
You will have
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy - BSc in Occupational Therapy
- Current UK registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Our benefits & offer to you
We know you’ll want to continually develop in your role and potentially progress your career and that’s why we have a supportive training programme and excellent development opportunities here at Staffordshire County Council.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 27 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) That’s a minimum of 37 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
- Lifestyle savings – huge range of discounts across major retailers
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button
If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Interview Date: TBC
For more information and/or an informal chat about the role please contact Sara Bell 07928 672280 on regarding First Contact and Sam Hope on 07855 077919 regarding the Prisons Team.
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.