Senior Learning Mentor
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Wylde Green Primary School
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0121 373 2691
Job Start Date: ASAP
The Governors of Wylde Green Primary School are delighted to be able to advertise for the new post of Senior Learning Mentor at our fantastic school.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual who can support our aim of ‘providing a supportive and caring environment, rooted in high quality teaching and learning, grounded by impeccable conduct’ and can exemplify it in their daily practice.
We are proud of our team of professional, focused, positive staff. We look forward to appointing a Senior Learning Mentor who can work with our school community and pastoral team.
We are looking for a Senior Learning Mentor who:
• has experience as a Learning Mentor or similar role within a school
• has high expectations of all children
• is able to identify barriers to learning and plan effective strategies to manage them
• has the ability to enthuse and inspire children
• is committed to improving outcomes for all children
• is able to work as part of a team
• is willing to go the extra mile
• has experience of working with families.
Your duties will include attendance, pastoral and behavioural support in class and on a one to one basis, being a member of the safeguarding team, providing nurture groups and leading after school activities as well as the opportunity to use your strengths to support learning. You will be working with both children and families to support them to improve
well-being and attitudes to learning.
We can offer you:
• a diverse intake of happy, hard-working and well-behaved children
• experienced leaders who are highly ambitious, that really care about the children and staff at the school
• supportive colleagues, governors, parents and PFTA
• a successful school committed to improving outcomes for all children
• resources to ensure your effectiveness and success
• a commitment to your professional development
Visits to school are strongly encouraged and are available on Wednesday 19 January at 2pm and 4pm and Tuesday 25 January 2022 at 12.30pm and 4pm.
Please contact our Office Manager, Carole Cleaver on 0121 373 2691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book onto one of these visits.
Closing Date: 28 January 2022, 9am
Interviews: Week beginning 14 February 2022
For further details and an application pack please visit the school website www.wyldegreenprimary.co.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.