2 days left
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Teaching Assistant, the purpose of this role is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
· Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff.
· Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
· Support pupils to understand instructions and support independent learning
· Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
· Provide detailed and regular feedback to teacher on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
Salary - £19,422 - £22,757 - FTE - £22,183 - £25,991
Working pattern 37 hours per week for 39 weeks per year
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
In return we offer:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
A vibrant 11-18 academy in Walsall. Our vision is for all of our students to flourish and succeed, helping them to develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Come and join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
Committed to staff development through E-ACT's professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
Leading the way in your mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to three E-ACT academies.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country. E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England. Our academies collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic , motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.