Cover Supervisor - Sir Graham Balfour School
2 days left
Full Time, Permanent Contract
37.00 hours per week
SGB Grade 5, Term Time Only £17,030 - £18,072 (pro rata salary)
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor who will join our highly professional and dedicated teaching team under the management of the Deputy Headteacher (Teaching and Learning). The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to upholding the ethos and values of our school; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The appointed person will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of the class teacher, under the guidance of teaching or senior staff; they will implement work programmes, manage routine student behaviour and assist students in relevant activities in line with the school’s policies and procedures; they will support after-clubs and activities within the hours of their contract.
This is a well-regarded post in our school, where the appointed person will become a key member of our Learning and Teaching staff. We have a highly developed Achievement and Positive Behaviour Policy which all staff follow and all students understand. Behavioural and attitudinal issues are small in number but rapidly and rigorously dealt with.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever-growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls fluctuate.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first-rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We confirm our commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 11.00 am on Friday 28th January 2022. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Monday 31st January and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 31st January; will include a tour around the school (if applicable), discussion with the Deputy Headteacher, and interviews for the short-listed candidates.