Business Support Officer
Business Support Officer (PA to Social Worker)
Salary: £19,698- £20,903 per annum
37 Hours per week
Children and Families Services are looking for someone to provide high level business support administration to work within the Newcastle Area Service Office attached to our Assessment and Staying Together Team.
We are looking for a candidate to:
- To provide a high level of administrative support to Practitioners, as part of the Business Support Team, consistent with Directorate Standards and to improve and maintain information data on the Client Information System.
- Maintenance of children’s electronic records, creating and recording referrals , recording key decisions, actioning step-up/step-down requests, transfer and closure of cases accurately inputting information into our Client Information System to ensure the District meets it’s relevant Performance Indicators.
- Data cleansing and auditing of records to ensure accurate and complete records for performance management.
- Co-ordinating the administrative requirements following a child’s entry into the care of Staffordshire County Council.
- Supporting Practitioners in the use of PowerBI
- Providing on the job IT training and support to Practitioners in all areas of our IT systems
- The production of high-quality word-processed documents.
- Servicing of statutory meetings including sending out invitations, attendance and minute taking and the production and distribution of records to agreed timescales.
- Process day to day financial transactions within the office in accordance with financial regulations.
GCSE English, WP Qualification, NVQ 2 in Business Administration are essential. Good written and oral communication skills and experience of using computer-based information systems in an office environment are also essential along with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 31st January 2022
For more information about the role please contact: Claire Rushton (Business Support Team Leader)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts