Principal, Ocker Hill Academy
The Governing Body of Ocker Hill Academy is seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative leader who is committed to securing excellent outcomes for the pupils.
Ocker Hill Academy is a small two form entry school with an inclusive ethos and prides itself on working closely with the families and the community.
Ocker Hill Academy Trust is looking to appoint an experienced leader who
- is ambitious, enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- has a knowledge and understanding of what outstanding teaching, learning, assessment and governance look like
- can lead by example with high professional standards
- can motivate and empower our staff to enrich the lives of our pupils and achieve excellent outcomes
- knows how to use data to help raise standards across all areas of the academy
- is committed to ensuring opportunities for continued professional development for all our staff
- has the highest expectations of learning and behaviour
- has an ability to actively promote welfare, well-being and safeguarding
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- can forge effective links with the families and local community
In return, you will be offered
- a thriving vibrant academy with good facilities and a motivated team
- friendly and enthusiastic pupils who are engaged, motivated enjoy learning and are proud of their academy
- a dedicated, hard-working team of staff and governors
- a caring environment with strong governor, family and church links.
- opportunities to work with outside agencies to gain advice and guidance
- exceptional CPD opportunities and the opportunity to share and observe good practice
As a Trust we are committed to work/life balance, continual personal development opportunities and health and wellbeing.
We welcome and encourage informal discussions about the expectations of this post so if you are interested and wish to discuss the position further, please contact Mr Adam Hollyhead, Principal. Visits to the academy can also be arranged. Please note that these options are available from Monday to Wednesday each week.
Application packs are available from and returnable to Mrs S Boughton, Business Manager by post or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can download an application form below.
A letter of application should be submitted with the completed application form by 4th February 2022.
Ocker Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) clearance is required for this role.
Ocker Hill Academy Trust is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there.
HOURS: Full Time
GRADE: Leadership Group 2 - L8 - L21 (£50,151 - £69,031 p.a.)
LOCATION: Ocker Hill Academy, Gospel Oak Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0DS
CLOSING DATE: Friday 4th February 2022 at 12 noon
Shortlisting will take place on 10th February 2022
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd March 2022