Assistant Headteacher (SENDCO) – Devonshire Infant and Junior Academies
To start after Easter 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Head Teacher with responsibility for SEND at Devonshire Infant and Junior Academies in Smethwick. This is a Senior Leadership role which will operate across both schools.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised creative thinker who can provide a strategic and operational oversight of provision for those pupils with SEND. This will include managing our resource base which is a Focus Provision for Autistic children, currently with 14 pupils. You will be an inspirational leader, with the vision and confidence to motivate, challenge and support; someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare.
We are a highly inclusive school that welcomes children with a diverse range of strengths and differences. We believe strongly in equal opportunities and that all children entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum. Our children with additional needs benefit from a personalised approach that meets their individual needs.
You will be working with our amazing children, who motivate and inspire us on a daily basis.
We are seeking a candidate who has:
- Preferably a current SENDCo qualification
- Experience of the SENDCo role
- A good understanding of Autism and children with high support needs
- Experience of working across the Primary age range
- Knowledge and experience of managing successful processes, such as EHCP application and Annual Reviews
- Efficient time management
- An ability to build strong relationships with outside agencies and parents
- An ability to support and develop staff, modelling various strategies, such as Emotion Coaching, Low Arousal approach, PECS, intensive interaction
We can offer:
- A dedicated and caring team of professionals that make up our Devonshire family
- Support, CPD and opportunities provided by our growing, values driven MAT, Victoria Academies Trust
- A well-established successful Focus Provision
- Well behaved, delightful children - visitors regularly comment on the impeccable behaviour
- A friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- IT to support you in your role
The following dates are available to visit our schools. Please make an appointment by calling 0121 558 1654 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th January at 11.00am or 4.00pm
Closing date 12.00pm Friday 4th February
Observations Week commencing 7th February
Formal interview Thursday 17th February
Leadership 2 – 6 £43,251 - £ 47,735 per annum
Auckland Rd, Smethwick B67 7AT
12.00pm Friday 4th February