Teaching Assistant (Pine Green & Evergreen Acadamies)
Pine Green & Evergreen Academies – Wolverhampton
Teaching Assistant – Level 3
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 Hours per week, 38 weeks Term Time + 5 Inset Days (39 weeks per year total)
Salary: SET Grade 5, scale point 16 – 20, £19,698 - £20,903 FTE salary per annum, £16,169 - £17,158 pro rata salary per annum
Valley Park School is a special day school for 126 children aged 7-16 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). The school is at an exciting phase in its development. We are in the fourth year, following academy conversion, now being sponsored by The Shaw Education Trust. We are a small school where all pupils are well known and understood by our experienced staff and we are proud of our pastoral care which ensures our pupils are well supported.
The Executive Headteacher is seeking to recruit a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to work across our schools. (Various key stage vacancies). If you want to make a difference to the lives of our children and can develop a holistic approach to meeting Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) to enable learners to make good progress in the classroom then we would like you to apply. You will be working with pupils to promote self-awareness, emotional regulation and self-worth and help to remove barriers to learning, enabling pupils to make at least expected progress. You will promote positive values, attitudes and behaviours to pupils.
If you would like to discuss the vacancy/vacancies or visit the school by appointment (Covid Secure) you should contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
You must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people.
• Work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
• Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 or recognised equivalent.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
• Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
• Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Pine Green & Evergreen Academies are dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students; all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including Enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
For full details of the role and responsibilities then please review the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please submit a full application form to email@example.com
In accordance with our safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing Date for Applications: 28th January 2022 at 12 midday
Shortlisting Date: To be confirmed
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start date: To be agreed