SENDCo (Pine Green Academy)
Salary: Scale point M1 – U3 £25,971 - £42,020 FTE per annum + SEN Allowance of £2292 per annum
Type: Permanent – Full Time/Part Time may be considered
Location: Pine Green Academy, Valley Park Campus Cromer Gardens, Wolverhampton.
Required: To be agreed with successful candidate
As a SENCO, you'll be an experienced teacher with a passion for supporting pupils with special educational needs. Working closely with the head teacher and other senior colleagues, you'll use your leadership skills to manage provision in your school and to provide support to other teachers.
The successful candidate will be:
- committed to raising educational attainment for children and young people with SEN, including working with pupils directly and supporting other staff to do so
- a willingness and ability to develop specialist knowledge and keep up to date with local and national policy and developments
- influencing and negotiation skills - to influence school strategy and policy, secure sufficient internal resources, and secure the necessary support from external agencies
- leadership skills - to inspire and motivate other teachers, model good practice, and develop a whole school commitment to supporting pupils with SEN
- interpersonal skills - for building relationships with parents, teachers, and external professionals
- written communication skills - for writing learning and support plans, reports on pupil progress, and training and guidance for staff
- organisation and time-management skills - needed for prioritising and balancing a busy and varied workload
- empathy and emotional intelligence, for recognising and responding sensitively to, the needs of pupils and parents
- analytical and problem-solving skills - necessary for analysing school, local and national data and developing appropriate strategies and interventions.
The Shaw Education Trust is led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience@ www.shaw-education.org.uk. They are committed to the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful performance of all its academies.
We are an Academy where an individual is offered a unique and inspiring curriculum which enables each child to meet their full potential both now and in the future
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Pine Green Academy is dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students; all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including Enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
All applicants are required to submit an application form for this role and should forward completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or via post FAO Recruitment, HR, Pine Green Academy, Valley Park Campus, Cromer Gardens, Wolverhampton, WV6 0UB.
In accordance with our safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted
Closing Date: 5th February 2022 at 12pm
Interview Date: w/c 8th February 2022