Head of QA, Performance & Engagement
Job title: Head of QA, Performance & Engagement
Salary: Grade 14 - £60,763 - £65,320 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Full time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options with you
As part of the wider leadership team of the Families & Communities Directorate this role is key in terms of driving improvements meaning if you’re looking for a role where you can really make an impact this is the role for you.
It’s a great time to join Staffordshire as following the recent transformation in our Childrens Services division we’re really looking to deliver change and create a culture of continuous development and improvement.
In this role you’ll be a critical friend to the Assistant Directors of Families and Communities and the deputy chief executive/DCS. Whilst your team will do the doing and will work with the intelligence, producing dashboards, quality assurance analysis, the voice of children and families, you’ll take these insights both quantitative and qualitative to the leadership team to paint a picture of what is happening in each of their areas to ensure appropriate actions and plans are in place to continuously improve. You’ll make suggestions based on this insight, and you’ll be confident to challenge views.
Current focus of the role
As part of our ambition to continuously develop our learning culture You’ll be required to lead several key pieces of work, some projects which are already up and running and needing oversight and others you’ll be driving forwards yourself. Currently some key focus areas of the role for the next 3 months include:
- Developing a SEND quality Assurance framework codesigned with partners
- Develop all learning hubs and strategic learning hubs
- Roll out of multi-agency EHCP auditing
- Lead exciting new initiatives which you’ll codesign with parents, children and families to ensure their voice is reflected across the system
- Continuation of performance re-design – by continuously developing our system wide approach to Power BI
- Chairing of partnership boards to provide challenge on insights, strategy, and commissioning activity
- Sign off statutory returns and inspection preparation
- Re-write the children’s services and SEND self-assessments
- Re-design of policy across the system which is in track but will need your confidence to challenge the business and to keep this in line with the framework
- develop a ‘one improvement plan’ approach
What you’ll bring
Whilst our job description covers all aspects of the role, crucially you’ll need to have:
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant specialism or evidence of substantial professional development
- Have comprehensive and detailed knowledge of intelligence, Quality assurance, performance, engagement, and strategic planning
- Have strategy writing experience in a relevant field affiliated to the children’s services system
- Have public sector experience
- Experience dealing with stakeholders of all levels of seniority including cabinet members, confident to challenge ideas
- Can advocate for the empowerment of service users and to promote anti discriminatory practice
- Can present and share information in a way that supports the understanding, learning and development across the children and families system
But above all, you’ll bring a resilient, and enthusiastic approach with a desire to drive continuous improvement through high quality management information.
Our benefits & offer to you
Here at Staffordshire, we’ve embraced smart and agile working across the organisation so this should give you confidence that you can work flexibly here to ensure you have a good work/life balance. We also see the benefit in continuous improvement and supported our people to develop.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 27 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) That’s a minimum of 37 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Bran new employee benefits platform Vivup offering all sorts of lifestyle benefits from travel, retail, restaurant discounts and more!
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring and a fantastic learning platform called iLearn
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button
If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Please note: As this is a member appointment due to the reporting lines of the role all candidates must read the attached Appendix 3, 1.1 – 1.10.
Closing Date: 7 February 2022
Interview Dates: 1st stage interview & presentation 21 - 25 Feb and final stage member interview 7 or 8 March
For more information, please contact email@example.com and she’ll be happy to give you more information about this role.
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.