Provider Services Casual Pool Job Advert
Are you looking for a flexible job opportunity, which is rewarding and can help you develop your career in care?
Staffordshire County Council are looking for motivated people who are passionate about providing outstanding care quality for adults with learning disabilities.
We are currently recruiting Support Facilitators to join our casual pool to work in a variety of settings including day services, respite, care homes and supported living. We have services across the county and can offer you experience in a range of care settings.
We offer diverse and varied work experiences, with no day being the same. Some of the tasks you may undertake include:
- Supporting with personal care (dressing, showering etc.)
- Supporting with eating and drinking
- Administering medication
- Supporting someone to access their community safely
- Running activities and sensory sessions in our centres
The ideal candidate will be able to work flexibly across the week, either day or night shifts. Given our services are county-wide, the ideal candidate will have a current drivers license and a reliable vehicle.
Induction and training will be provided and there may be permanent job opportunities in the future which would be offered to our casual pool in the first instance.
Pay rate starts from £11.02 per hour.
Staffordshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities as part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer. We offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities, and employees.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits of working for us….
We recognise our employees are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity, and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts