Apprentice Horticultural Operative
- To help with maintenance of flower beds/shrubs/borders & sports pitches
- To help maintain the cleanliness of parks & open spaces
- Assist with horticultural duties & general grounds maintenance
- Undertake the use/maintenance/cleaning & storage of hand & small powered tools & light plant, such as mowers/strimmers/leaf blowers
- Assist in the loading & unloading of vehicles
- Assist with cleaning duties such as litter picking/sweeping/emptying of litter bins and cleaning of toilets etc
At the end you will gain a Level 2 Horticulture Operative Qualification. This will include any Functional Skills as appropriate. The apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace, as you will receive visits from a college assessor. The apprenticeship will also include a proportion of 20% Off The Job Training and a robust programme of Mandatory Apprentice Training provided by Sandwell Council to include Workplace Professionalism and Equality & DiversityWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is a fixed term 24 month contract. However the skills, knowledge and experience gained in this apprenticeship will allow you to gain future opportunities in the sectorQualifications required: GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade D / 3 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D / 3 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade D / 3 or above)Essential
Other Literacy Functional Skills (Grade Level 1 or above) Essential
Other Numeracy Functional Skills (Grade Level 1 or above) EssentialTo apply click here: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000027442
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs