Security Assistant (2 Posts) - Ref: EE07721
- The New Art Gallery Walsall
- Part-time 29 hours per week
- £18,933-£19,698 (pro-rata)
The New Art Gallery Walsall is one of the leading visual arts venues in the West Midlands. Situated in the heart of Walsall town centre, the Gallery is a busy and vibrant building with an exciting programme of contemporary art exhibitions and collections displays, lively education events, an artist studio, library, café, and shop. The Gallery provides a truly unique place for its visitors to experience, learn from, and participate in the visual arts.
We are looking to appoint two conscientious, resourceful and dedicated Security Assistants to ensure the care, safety and security of our visitors, building, and exhibits.
Your duties will include:
- promoting the safe and secure running of the venue during opening hours by monitoring CCTV, patrolling the building, screening contractors, and supporting health and safety
- supporting the invigilation of gallery spaces as required, with an emphasis on visitor experience and customer care
- acting as a key holder, opening and locking down the site, operating alarm systems, and being on-call to attend site out-of-hours when required
- appropriately dealing with any security incidents and emergency situations as they arise
- assisting with practical aspects of a busy venue, including monitoring deliveries, supporting set-ups for events and hires, and light cleaning duties.
To be successful, you will have a solid understanding of security and safeguarding issues associated with a public building, have some previous experience in a customer-focussed environment, understand the principles of health and safety, demonstrate good communication skills, and be able to work as part of a small team. An interest in museums and galleries is also necessary, and a current SIA license is desirable.
View Job Description & Employee Specification
Closing date: 6 February 2022
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.