LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV71021
Short Heath Federation
Lane Head Nursery, Rosedale C of E Infant School, Short Heath Junior School
LEVEL 2 Teaching Assistant, 30 hrs a week
Term Time Only,
Grade G4 £19,698 - £21,748, Pro-Rata to hours worked.
Actual Salary @ 30hrs/wk from £13,687, £10.21 per hour
Our Federation offers a unique opportunity for a very special kind of teaching assistant to work in a single phase school, as well as the chance to work alongside colleagues from other phases, in order to enhance your professional development.
We are now entering a really exciting phase in our Federation’s development, as we are the West Walsall Nurture Hub, leading in schools on developing Restorative Practice, active members of the Attachment Research Community, working collaboratively on delivering Autism Education Trust training and continuing to develop our Specialist learning provisions in response to an increased number of children with specific additional needs! We are also just going into the third phase of our expansion to three form entry (with a building project very nearly complete). This is great news for our current staff and for you! We can offer more opportunities for career development over time and more CPD than ever before! We are a fully inclusive school and enjoy the challenge of meeting the needs of every child in a unique way. Our practice is recognised as exceptional. Our staff are too.
Opportunities exist in our Federation schools for Level 2 Teaching Assistants who will inspire our children, ensuring they make good progress and enjoy learning. Your specialism may be in Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. We can offer permanent, fixed term and casual contracts, 30 hr & 15 hr contracts in all phases. At 15 hrs a week, term time only the actual salary would be from £6,839 pa, £10.21 per hr.
You need resilience, strength of character and a professional curiosity in order to support our children’s needs which can be many and varied.
For this role, we are ideally interested in finding a Teaching Assistant with experience of, or training in, the Principles of Nurture as advocated by Nurture Group UK. You must have a working knowledge of Attachment and Trauma in children and how adverse childhood experiences can create a barrier to learning. You will advocate the belief that every behaviour is a communication of an unmet need.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Enjoy motivating and exciting children about learning
- Have working knowledge and experience of working with children with ADHD, ASD, SLD and MLD
- love working as part of a team
- Are able to use their own initiative, thinking creatively
- Are skilled at using teacher’s planning to deliver in class support, individual and small group intervention
- Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Are able to support children to be independent learners
- Are keen to develop themselves and others
- Are imaginative, energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Nurture and encourage children to fulfil their potential
We can offer
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, happy children and families!
- A strong dedicated team, who are committed to maintaining high standards whilst still having fun!
- A structured programme of CPD, working closely with colleagues in our federated schools
If you can see yourself being part of our team, you can download an application pack from our website - www.shortheathfederation.org.uk .
If you want more information, or would like to visit us, please contact Vicki Stephen, our Head of Inclusion at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12.00 Noon on Monday 14th February with interviews being held later that week
Short Heath Federation is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check and a completed Disqualification by Association form, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.