Social Workers - Assessment & Intervention (Locality)
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Social Workers to join
the Assessment & Intervention Teams
The Trust has vacancies for Social Workers to join our Assessment & Intervention Teams within the newly realigned Operations Service. Based in a locality model with a focus on good quality assessments and dynamic planning which deliver timely evidence-based interventions and the progress of pre-proceedings/care proceedings through to permanency planning, this service will strengthen partnership working with families in local communities.
Working pattern - we have full-time (37 hours) & part-time roles available and are happy to discuss options with you.
As a Social Worker working in one of the Assessment & Intervention Teams you will: -
- Respond to the needs of children through s47 child protection investigations or through s17 child in need single assessments;
- Play a pivotal role in developing effective relationships with children and their families to identify their needs and work with families to help develop plans to achieve change;
- Ensure that the voice of the child is at the centre of your work and use a range of direct work tools to evidence the child’s voice in your assessments and plans.
About you: -
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England;
- Have completed your ASYE programme;
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting;
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions;
- Good knowledge of child development.
The Trust has been focusing on a number of areas, one of which being our ethos and guiding principles. This has involved the whole workforce with some powerful messages being shared about what is driving us in our roles. We want this to shape the future and how we work with families; so, your interest in joining us has come at an important time as we continue to move together at pace to create a new story.
We have agreed six strategic priorities which are driving our work; Practice; People; Partnerships; Prevention; Meeting Need; and Measuring Progress; and Striving for Excellence.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.
*Pay rate is inclusive of market supplement