Do you have a passion for working with people in an Adult Social Care or Health setting?
Sandwell MBC and South West Birmingham NHS Trust are working in partnership to provide short term reablement in a newly built integrated Social Care and Health Centre, opening in July 2022. The centre will be an 80 bedded reablement centre based on Harvest Road, Rowley Regis.
We are now recruiting to a variety of roles within both organisations. This will be an exciting opportunity to work in a new purpose-built service supporting individuals to regain their skills and confidence so that they can return home.
Are you genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people's lives?
Are you a great team player and a confident communicator, who cares passionately about providing person centred care and support?
Are you passionate about empowering and supporting service users to achieve the required independence? If so we want to hear from you?
As a Reablement Care Assistant you will work with service user through their person-centred plan and treatment programme in conjunction with the Therapy team and Management team.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist to reduce long term care needs by promoting independence.
- Assist in reducing readmissions to the acute trusts.
- Undertake duties as part of a Integrated workforce.
- Promote service user well-being and independence.
- Contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care needs of service users
- Involvement in and promotion of the emotional and psychological needs of service users to instil confidence by encouraging feelings of security and personal worth.
You can also expect to support the nursing team in specific areas including care plans or care reviews.
31.5 hours (9 shifts over 2 weeks)
28 hours (4 shifts per week)
24.5 hours (7 shifts over 2 weeks)
21 hours (3 shifts per week)
17.5 hours (5 shifts over 2 weeks)
You will be required to work a mixture of early, late shifts. These will also include working weekends and bank holidays on a rota pattern.
Enhanced rates are included for weekend working and Bank Holidays.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be required for the role.
- We will be required to ensure we are fully compliant with Government legislation in relation to the Vaccination status of staff working within CQC registered services.
- We offer generous terms and conditions including good annual leave entitlement, a competitive pension scheme and an employee benefits scheme
If you have any queries in relation to the post, please contact Emma_Bytheway@Sandwell.gov.uk
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs