Project Coordinator/ Resident Liaison Officer
Act on Energy encourages energy conservation by providing free and impartial advice to householders across the West Midlands. We have been addressing Fuel Poverty and Climate Change for over 23 years supporting households through their energy journey. We cover a wide range of energy efficiency projects and we are passionate about ensuring that we provide a person-centred approach to delivery of energy efficiency measures.
The energy efficiency sector is experiencing huge growth and with an ever-increasing level of fuel poverty and affordable warmth schemes the successful candidate will work with a wide range of people with a variety of needs.
So what qualities are we specifically looking for?
So if you have worked in a customer focused background like retail or hospitality or you just have that drive and passion to help people you could be just the person we are looking for.
* Do you love working with people
* Are you compassionate and a great communicator?
* Do you like to problem solve?
* Are you looking to work with a friendly and supportive team?
If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above, then you could be exactly what we are looking for
We are now looking to recruit a Project/ Resident Liaison Officers to assist in the delivery of programmes across the West Midlands region.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION & PURPOSE
To support our busy Project team with the delivery of local authority and external energy efficiency delivery programmes across Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry, Solihull and the wider West Midlands. A great opportunity for someone who has a passion to work in energy efficiency and who really wants to learn and progress in this exciting and fast moving sector.
Duties and responsibilities
- To support the project team with the delivery of projects/programmes from inception to completion.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing telephone calls, email enquiries providing a full energy advice service to householders across the regions including home visits.
- To assist with event planning and attend public events and other awareness raising activities related to energy efficiency and climate change
- To provide a resident liaison service to households on a one to one basis within their homes and to install low cost energy measures
- To provide administrative support to the project team
- To assist with developing links to local, regional and national stakeholders to ensure that projects and programmes are complementary and that residents receive the most appropriate levels of service
- To promote Act on Energy’s services to both householders and frontline staff of other organisations, including planning, co-ordinating events, and training.
- To help maintain information systems and ensure material is updated, collating information from local council, Government departments and other outside agencies.
- To assist with the research and preparation of materials and presentations to appropriately represent Act on Energy at local, regional and national level.
- To attend internal and other meetings as required
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- To achieve agreed personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Produce letters, reports, and notices and keep records
- Participate in the operation of the Service and the development of policy and practice.
- Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies and participate in Working Groups Committees etc. as required
- Use IT to produce documents, input data and extract information
A strong and confident individual qualified to a minimum of A level standard or similar with a genuine interest in the energy sector. Experience preferred but not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to drive high standards in relation to customer services
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
* Educated to A level standard or equivalent with an excellent standard of written English
* Demonstrate accurate administrative and numerical skills with an eye for detail when processing information
* Self-management skills, to enable workload organisation, prioritisation, and implementation, with minimum supervision
* Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
* Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
* Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
* Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word, excel
* Full driving licence and car owner
* Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
* Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
* Flexible, dynamic and creative approach
* Other IT skills
We look forward to receiving your application with a covering letter - applications without covering letters may not be considered.
Please send you CV and covering letter to email@example.com