Library Customer Service Assistants - The Core
37.0 Hours per Week
We are recruiting Library Customer Service Assistants to join our team at the Core Library located in Solihull town centre.
- Full Time, permanent - 37 hours per week
- Part Time, permanent - 18.5 hours per week
- Part Time, fixed term contract until 26th February 2023 - 18.5 hours per week
As a Library Customer Services Assistant you will be at the forefront of delivering and promoting a range of services to customers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Playing a key role, you will engage with customers, dealing with their enquiries, assisting them with digital technology and delivering library based activities for children, young people and adults.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals, with a passion for public library resources and services and who
- have face-to-face customer service experience;
- can work effectively in a team environment;
- are able to assist customers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to make full use of the library resources and services;
- can demonstrate experience and confidence in using Information and digital technology;
- ability to shelve resources, load trolleys and carry out manual handling tasks;
- must be able to work one Saturday and one late evening per fortnight and have a flexible approach to working hours.
In return we offer you a varied and interesting role with working hours which may support you in achieving a positive work life balance. Working for Solihull means that we can also offer employees a great working environment, an extensive wellbeing offer, as well as attractive staff benefits including a generous leave entitlement, staff discounts and access to the Local Government pension scheme.
Although based at a designated library, the post holder will be required to work at other Solihull libraries.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Nickie Thomas, The Core Library Manager, on 0121 704 6955 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 15th May 2022
Interview Date: Friday, 27th May 2022
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Children .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent
Hours of work: Part time, permanent
Job description and person specification (Permanent)
Job description and specification (Fixed Term)
Hours of work: Part time, fixed term