Performance & Complaints Support Officer
37.0 Hours per Week (Part Time considered)
Do you have experience of working within Customer Services and are looking for a new challenge?
We’re looking for a Performance and Complaints Support Officer to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract (or secondment).
As Performance & Complaints Support Officer you will work as part of a friendly and supportive team who are the first point of contact for people contacting the Council in relation to feedback and complaints relating to Adult Social Care and Children's Services.
People are at the heart of everything we do. The Performance and Complaints team handles a diverse range of sensitive enquiries and complaints via incoming and outgoing telephone calls, face to face contact, web forms and emails.
In this interesting and varied role you will:
- gather information and data and maintain electronic records
- liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders to investigate and respond to complaints
- Keep complainants appraised of how their complaint is progressing, gather and record learning from these complaints and analyse this information to share with services.
You will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond to complaints in a confident and sensitive manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to use of ICT to interpret and present complex data and information
This is a great opportunity for those who enjoy working with people and enjoy the challenge of problem solving.
We are currently implementing our Smarter Ways of Working as we recognise that work is what you do and not necessarily where you go. Our aim is to balance the needs of our employees with service delivery and, for this post, that is likely to include a combination of working from home and from our offices in central Solihull.
In return we offer
- Full training and support on Solihull MBC Complaints procedures, processes and ICT systems, as well as access to a wide range of training and development
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10-days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- A range of family friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Karen Millard, Customer Relations Manager, on 0121 704 8296 or email@example.com.
Interview Date: w/c 23rd May 2022
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification