Design and Technology Teacher
Smestow Academy is a vibrant, successful, and happy school in Castlecroft, Wolverhampton. In our most recent Ofsted inspection staff and students described the Academy as a family, this is important to us. Professional development and supporting staff to learn and take the next steps in their career is a real focus. We have high expectations and are very ambitious for our staff and students.
We are in the prestigious position of belonging to the University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust and therefore have strong links with the University which brings fantastic opportunities for staff and students. Recently they have invested over 1.5 million into the building. We have over 400 new laptops, brand new Wi-Fi and a new interactive board in every classroom.
We are passionate about providing a first-class education for our students, which means ensuring both academic success at GCSE and A Level whilst also developing students’ personal skills and providing a wide range of opportunities outside of the classroom.
We have 700 students on role and are looking to expand in the future, with ambitions of becoming the first choice for secondary education across the area. We pride ourselves on our strong tradition of being a community school who hold values of Respect, Honest, Resilience Integrity and Accountability which are hugely important to us.
Wednesfield is our sister Academy, and we are proud of the fact that we work closely together. The successful candidate would need to full support this including moving/ being based at each site as required. We have a highly successful sixth form UWMAT V1 which is growing rapidly.
If you are seeking a new challenge in an organisation which is committed to “Building People” and values and respects staff, investing heavily in professional development for them then please apply to join us at Team Smestow!
· To fulfil the Professional Standards for Teacher (Core), in the context of being a teacher of a named subject as part of a Curriculum Team.
· To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
· To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and as a Form Tutor including the personal development dimension
· To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
· To contribute to raising standards of student progress and attainment.
· To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
· To maintain a teaching commitment of 25 lessons per week FTE (pro-rata for ECT and TLR holders)
· To ensure continuing raised standards consistent with the academy’s drive to outstanding status
Suitably qualified and experienced person (see job description) with ambition and commitment to make a difference in a vibrant and happy school
Suitably qualified and experienced person see Personal Spec.
The University of Wolverhampton Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Closing date for applications is: 9.00am Tuesday 17th May 2022