TA 1/ 2 (depending on experience) plus SEN allowance
Variable permanent contract 20-30 hours
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1:1 Support Teaching Assistant at Meadows First School What are we looking for: We are looking for an enthusiastic Support Assistant for this exciting new opportunity to work in our school supporting a child with additional needs.
You will have:
- Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing environment
- Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with additional needs
- Able to work in the whole class environment Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible, positive and hard working
- Knowledge of British Sign Language (desirable)
- Understanding of how children learn and develop
- Understanding of differing children’s needs
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teacher and pupils
- Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher.
- Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
- Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
Meadows First School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.