Social Worker Care Act Assessment Team (CAAsT)
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: HC08 £30,095 to £34,373
Closing date:15th May 2022
Interview: 19th or 20th May 2022
Herefordshire Council Community Wellbeing Directorate are currently creating a new team, the focus of which is carrying out short term assessment & support planning with service users throughout Herefordshire who have recently left hospital and require ongoing services. This is an exciting opportunity to join our new team and we are looking for full-time, enthusiastic staff who enjoy fast paced work to set timescales and are keen to support service users and make a success of the new team.
We are looking for a full-time Social Worker with experience of working with vulnerable adults with a range of physical disabilities, learning disabilities, mental health needs, hospital discharges & community services.
If you are a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England and with relevant experience and a strong commitment to personalised and outcome focussed practice, we are keen to welcome you.
You will bring a sound knowledge base of adult social work, strong interpersonal and organisational skills, a developed understanding of social care practice and legislation. You will have good communication, IT and organisational skills and an ability to work within set timescales.
Experience of assessment and support planning skills is essential as this post will require detailed Strength Based Assessments to be completed, Continuing Healthcare (CHC) Checklists progressed and participation at CHC Decision Support Tool (DST) meetings.
In return we will invest in you with regular supervision, a balanced workload, access to training and further career opportunities. You will have opportunities for further professional training and development.
Herefordshire is a fantastic location to live and work, where you will find a beautiful and diverse rural county, rich in history awaits you.
In return we will offer;
• 25 days per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service plus Bank Holidays
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Payment of professional membership fees
• A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Jemma Lamb on 01432 383754