Teaching Assistant – Teaching And Learning - Flash Ley Community Primary School
Job Title:- Teaching Assistant – Teaching And Learning – GRADE 3 – PERMANENT
Grade 3 - £18,887 - £19,264 (pro-rata)
16.25 hours per week – mornings – 8.45am-12.00noon
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, confident, enthusiastic and hard-working Teaching Assistant to work alongside our teaching team. The successful applicant must have extensive experience in teaching or supporting in PHONICS.
The successful applicant will be required to work Monday – Friday.
This position is supporting our Year 1 class teacher.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Support pupils’ learning, including working with individuals, groups and whole classes under the direction of the class teacher
- Use specialist knowledge/experience to provide appropriate support to pupils in relation to their individual needs
- Contribute to the creation of an appropriate learning environment through display and classroom organisation
- To contribute to the planning for and delivery of the New Curriculum
- To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of pupil responses to learning activities using a range of assessment and monitoring strategies, providing evidence for assessment
- Within the school’s disciplinary policy, apply behaviour management strategies and techniques to manage behaviour constructively and contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities
- To support and maintain positive links between home and school by making parents feel welcome and develop links with other external agencies
The successful applicant will need to:-
- be qualified to NVQ level 3 or above (or recognised equivalent qualification)
- experience of working to support children’s learning, gained in a relevant environment is essential
- work effectively within a team but also on their own initiative
- be flexible
For an application pack, please email Mrs King – email@example.com. Completed forms to be returned by Wednesday 29th June 2022 – 5.00pm.
*Previous applicants need not apply*
“This Authority/School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.
This position is subject to and Enhanced Disclosure Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Salary:- £18,887 - £19,264 (pro-rata)
Closing Date:- Wednesday 29th June 2022 – 5.00pm
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Location:- Flash Ley Community Primary School, Hawksmoor Road, Stafford, ST17 9DR
Number of Hours:- 16.25 hours per week
Job Category:- Teaching Assistant – Teaching and Learning
Number of positions:- One