£3,334 per annum
Hours per week: 7.5 hours per week (1.5 hours Monday to Friday), term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Green Meadow Primary School
Green Meadow Road
Telephone Number: 0121 475 4505
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 06 June 2022
Green Meadow Primary School is proud to be part of the Excelsior Multi-Academy Trust. With their support we continue to improve and provide our children with the best education possible as well as helping to nurture and develop their personal and social skills. Our values of succeeding together, engaging learning, ensuring equality for all, and aspiring from the start, shape all we do across Excelsior Trust and our schools. Our ‘No Outsiders’ approach to equality ensures everyone is welcome in all our schools.
Role Info: Lunchtime Supervisor - Education Academy Trust Birmingham
Who we are: Driving Equality, Innovation & Aspiration.
Our vision is to ensure that our school is: an outstanding beacon of equality, where pupils succeed in a safe, innovative, and vibrant learning community.
Our values are: Aspiring from the start - Where ambition begins on Day One Ensuring equality for all - Equality - First, Foremost, Forever Succeeding together - Alone you're good. Together we're amazing Engaging learning - Unlocking minds every day.
What we are looking for:
- experience of supervising children as a parent or carer or working with groups of children on a voluntary or paid basis
- knowledge and understanding of managing behaviour of groups of children
- the value of constructive play opportunities; creative, resourceful, and tolerant
- well organized and able to remain calm under pressure
- able to communicate well with staff and children
What the role involves:
- to be in charge of a group of pupils in the playground, in classrooms and whilst moving around the school
- to actively respond to any incidents of poor behaviour and to take the appropriate action
- to attend to any minor accidents sustained during the lunch hour in accordance with the authority’s procedures
- to attend to and report any pupil who becomes sick or if an accident occurs during the lunch hour
- to see that pupils taking school meals are in the dining room at the required time for lunch
- to see that pupils wash their hands and attend to the necessary toilet requirements before and after lunch
- to help younger pupils with the proper use of cutlery and with cutting up food when necessary
- confidentiality guidelines must be observed
How you’ll achieve this:
- initiate games and activities appropriate to the age of children; relate to children on their level
- teach play activities to other Midday Supervisors
- work as part of a group and individually
- inspire trust and confidence in children
- encourage high standards of pupil behaviour all times
- liaise with parents in a professional manner
- observe the boundaries of the role, and respect confidential information
- communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to an appropriate standard
- recognise behaviour giving cause for concern, and inform teaching staff
- examine systems critically, and suggest ways of improving efficiency
At Excelsior Multi Academy Trust we are committed to supporting our people in every aspect of their work. One of our core drivers is to ensure all of our workforce are happy in their job because as Aristotle once said, ‘Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.’ We recognise that happy staff do a better job so you will be joining a trust with happiness at its core. Excelsior MAT offers employees:
- sector competitive pay
- defined benefit pensions
- performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
- Friday Pulse portal that tracks employee happiness, helping to build a positive and productive work culture
- 24/7 advice and help line
- access to Excelwell – our online wellbeing platform
- Facebook staffroom
- cycle to work scheme
- access to flu jabs
- flexible working (office and homeworking)
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 16 May 2022, 4pm
No agencies please. Please download the job description & person specification and complete the attached application and monitoring forms and submit them to: email@example.com
Additional details plus the application form are available from our school and academy website Vacancies – Excelsior MAT Alternatively, you can contact HR on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send in CV’s, the application form covers the information required and is designed to ensure fairness during interview shortlisting. Receipt of two references are required as part of the interview shortlisting process. Your application may be rejected if adequate references have not been provided. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a Warner (values-based) interview prior to the main interview in line with our Child Protection Policy. Successful applicants will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.